Results of Racer Meeting and Survey March 6 2016
During our racers meeting March 6 we had some discussion points to vote on to get feedback from our racers as which direction they would prefer to go with our 2016 Money Trail season. The survey was sent out to 234 participants giving them 1 week to complete. The result was 151 people opening the emailing and 102 people voting on what action they wanted MGR to take. The first topic was Buy backs or a consolation race, the vote was 39.2% for a consolation race, 32.3% for buy backs and 28.4% were happy to keep thing the same as previous years. When asked about changing when the round money would start, 78.4% said keep it to 3rd round. Lastly they were asked if they voted on a consolation race, would they prefer all classes run together or would they prefer Super run separate until the last two cars and those racers would then merge into the Pro, Street and Bike consolation elimination rounds. The vote came back with 60.7% wanting Super kept separate till later rounds.
So there it is folks, for 2016 season MGR will offer a consolation race for the competitors who lost 1st and 2nd round during the Money Trail races. Entry fee will be $50, 64 car max with 50% of the entry fee going back to the purse awarding the Winner, Runner up and the Semifinalists
Also discussed during the racers meeting was to allow “Deep” to be written on the window so racers could identify if their competitor stages deep. As many of us know NHRA doesn’t acknowledge “deep” staging during any of their events and as a NHRA sanctioned track we need to keep to the same rules. If the racers would like to write this on their windows they can, auto start will still be in effect and the starter will not hold the tree for those racers. MGR will also be making a rule change with two steps permitted with manual transmission. If used with automatic transmission, two step only can be used as high side rev limiter
Other suggestions is to allow Motorcycles to compete in Pro Dial and offering a pro tree or index race for the Jr Dragsters. After consideration MGR will offer a Pro Tree Bracket class during non-points events to allow bikes and other competitors that don’t fit the rules of Pro Dial. The Jr Dragster will also be able to engage in a 7.90 and 8.90 Index race with an 8 or 16 qualified fields along with a Pro Tree race during the .90 and Index series not combined with the Money Trail events. More info will follow as we get closer to these events.
Here’s a list of discussion points that were brought up on Sunday March 1 2015
Street, Pro, Super and Bike
1) Run order: Bikes need to run after slick cars, Jrs don’t want to be first out, Vote was taken about run order, racers consensus was to go back to old run order but we need to take into consideration we need separation between Jr Dragster’s and Jr Street to allow Jr drivers to run Jr Street
2) Bye Runs: Make announcement over PA of who has bye run in each class prior to being called into lanes, Vote was taken to do away with starter advancing the bye run, racers consensus was vehicle must drive up and take tree under its own power
3) Buy Backs: Vote was taken for buy backs, racers consensus was no buy backs
4) Racer suggested lower ET for Super to 6.75: Vote was taken and racer consensus was to allow but still inconsideration by MGR
5) Saturday Money Trail races: racers asked if we could start later to allow those who work Saturday mornings to still be able to attend race, possibly 1pm or 2pm. After looking at the schedule we will do a late start on June 20 and Aug 22
6) Track Prep: Racers say 60fts are inconsistent and some get loose after going into high gear around 660ft,Racers would like to see more dragging after Street to improve traction before Pro or Super run
7) Two sessions for points: Vote was taken and racers consensus was keep with one session throughout the 15 MT races
Jr Dragster and Jr Street
1) New Licensing Requirements: Due to time constraints with new procedure it was agreed upon those wishing to make license runs for the first three runs need to make an appointment by Wednesday prior to the race weekend they’re wishing to have license runs made so we can make time first thing in the morning of the event to do so.
2) The ATI racer appreciation day on Aug 8 will not include payout for the Jr’s due to the Jr race at Numidia that day. We will hold the ATI racer appreciation on Aug 29 for Jr’s
3) Jr Dragster drivers getting more involved with Jr Street: some drivers are interest but we need to allow more time between the two classes.
1) Rule Clarifications: Delay box needs to be removed from car, Automatic shifters cannot be in car even if disabled, finished interior means two seats, finished dash, carpet, some type of door panel. Cars must be weighed before eliminations and each round the car advances, Lettering on cars still in debate.
2) All Run Field using NHRA pro ladder
3) 1 lane will be dedicated at tech for Index cars, once vehicle passes rules for index class participant will receive a “passed” decal to put on wind shield showing vehicle meets requirements
4) A 3”-5” Northeast Index Racers decal will be supplied for windshield by MGR
5) Brochure will be made up and given out the gate to provide information about parking area for index cars, radio station for announcements, rules of the classes, payouts clearly defined and listed, start times, run order and layout of facility, etc.