Participants in the Sunoco Race Fuels Money Trail have been asked to vote on rules changes for the 2014 season, including:
- Splitting the 15-race season into two sessions, or keeping it as one season-long session.
- Keeping door cars and dragsters separate in Super until round 3, or combining them for all rounds.
- Whether or not to offer a “last chance” race during Money Trail races for all cars eliminated in the first or second round.
The ballots were e-mailed last week, while those who didn’t give MGR their e-mail address received their ballot via U.S. Mail.
Voting will end Monday, March 10.
The 2013 Maple Grove Raceway All-Star team was announced during Saturday night’s Money Trail Banquet.
The team was picked by a vote of the racers.
The 2013 Maple Grove All-Star Team: More >
Dozens of Maple Grove Raceway’s best racers crowded the ballroom at the Crowne Plaza Reading Hotel Saturday night for the 51st annual Money Trail Awards Banquet.
Over $30,000 in cash, trophies and contingency awards was handed out during the ceremony to the top 48 drivers in the five Sunoco Race Fuels Money Trail E.T. Series, Jr. Dragsters and the ATI Stock-Super Stock Shootout.
Dozens of racers, whether or not they were in the money, were on hand with friends and family. It’s a great tradition that Maple Grove management is looking to continue far into the future.
The season champions for the Money Trail Series had their turn in the spotlight as Lanny Werley (Gold Rush Trailers Super), Brock Moshier (Ciccarone Racing Products Pro), Paul Werner (P.C. Richard & Son Street), Cory Stuebner (Ray’s Yamaha Top Bike), Vincent Branca (Jr. Dragster) and Lee Risser (ATI Stock-Super Stock) were recognized in their respective classes. More >
The annual racers meeting for Maple Grove Raceway will be held on Saturday, Feb. 15 at the Crowne Plaza Reading Hotel.
The main meeting will begin at 10 a.m. with the Jr. Dragsters meeting at noon.
For its 52nd season, Maple Grove Raceway will once again offer a full schedule of drag racing action from late April to mid October.
The season will feature the return of many fan favorites, along with some big additions to the slate.
The 30th NHRA Nationals on Oct. 2-5 should continue to be one of the fastest races on the Mello Yello Series schedule and a pivotal part of the Countdown to the Championship. All four 2013 season champions – Shawn Langdon (Top Fuel), John Force (Funny Car), Jeg Coughlin (Pro Stock) and Matt Smith (Pro Stock Motorcycle) – earned Wallys at Maple Grove en route to their respective titles.
Some of the other returning big events for the season: More >
Three Maple Grove Raceway drivers were recognized during the NHRA Northeast Division banquet held Saturday night at Hershey Lodge:
- Hollie Ray-Bausher (Shillington, Pa.) for winning the 12-13 year-old age group at the NHRA Northeast Division Jr. Dragster League championship last August at Mason-Dixon Dragway.
- Scott Smith (Birdsboro, Pa.) for winning Street Class at the Summit Racing Series E.T. Finals in September at Numidia Dragway.
- Mark Price Jr. (Collegeville, Pa.) for winning the 10-11 age group at the NHRA Northeast Division Jr. Dragster League championship last August at Mason-Dixon Dragway.
Also honored was Team Maple Grove for winning an unprecedented 13th team championship at the Summit Racing Series E.T. Finals in September at Numidia Dragway.