May 10 and June 1: Index Series drag racing
Maple Grove Raceway will host two dates of Index Series drag racing: on Saturday, May 10 and Sunday, June 1.
On Saturday, May 10, the sole Index Series class run will be 11.50 Index. The MGR winner and runner-up on May 10 will be invited to participate in a special eight-car showcase eliminator at the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series national event at Old Bridge Raceway Park in Englishtown, N.J. on May 30-June 1.
On Sunday, June 1, MGR will host Index Series racing for the following classes: 8.50 Index, 10.00 Index and 11.50 Index.
The Index Series is open to full-bodied street cars only (a.k.a. “doorslammers”) and the 8.50 Index winner will be paid $1,000 on May 10 and June 1.
Rules for all Index Series classes:
1. Full-bodied street cars only. No dragsters, Altereds or roadsters.
2. Full round-tube or square-tube chassis are not allowed.
3. Car must have a finished interior.
4. Lettering and decals are limited to the windows only.
5. No electronics. No throttle stops, controllers, delay boxes or devices. All boxes must be completely removed from the vehicle.
6. No electronic, hydraulic or pneumatic shifters or clutch release devices.
7. All solenoids and actuators must be completely removed from the vehicle.
8. Transbrakes and two-steps are permitted.
9. Any type of power-adder is allowed.
10. Mufflers required. (Turbos are considered mufflers.)
11. NHRA pro ladder in use: 16-car qualified fields.
12. Compulink auto-start active with 10-sec. timeout.
13. Deep staging is permitted.
.400 pro tree. Stock style front suspension. Minimum weight: 2,800 lbs. Maximum tire size: 33×10.5w. Fuel: gasoline or alcohol (no nitromethane).
10.00 INDEX AND 11.50 INDEX
.500 pro tree. Tubs and “back-half” cars are permitted. Lexan windows permitted. Maximum tire sizes: 30×13.5 for DOT; 29×10.5 for non-w slicks. Any size drag radial permitted. Gasoline only (E85 is permitted).
ENTRY FEES: 8.50 Index — $75; 10.00 and 11.50 Index — $55.
8.50 Index: $1,000 to win; $500 runner-up; $200 semi-finals; $75 quarter-finals.
10.00 and 11.50 Index: $450 to win; $150 runner-up; $100 semi-finals.