Alcohol Funny Cars to provide big show at Geezers
The Auto-Plus Cavalcade of Funny Cars features eight of the best Alcohol-powered Nostalgia Funny Cars on the East Coast.
Eight of them will be on hand to complement the eight qualified Nitro Funny Cars during the Saturday night big show at the Geezers Reunion at Maple Grove Raceway.
Things will get underway at 6 p.m. sharp on Saturday. Also on hand will be the Jersey Thunder Jet Dragster and Danny O’Day’s Wheelstander.
Racing this year in the Alcohol class are:
- Total Insanity, ’77 Monza, driven by Chris Massarella
- Mascott Racing, ’77 Corvette, driven by Scott Ringwood
- Funny Farmer, ’71 Pinto, driven by Bob Rosetty
- Stanglehold, ’71 Vega, driven by Mike Hall
- Scramin Eagle, ’77 Firebird, driven by Rocky Pirrone
- Excalibur, ’77 Corvette, driven by George Ridenauer
- Eastern Raider, ’79 Mustang, driven by Rodney Fazekas
- Bits and Pieces, ’77 Firebird, driven by Keith Davidson
The cars will be making two passes in a Chicago Style format. The two quickest cars from the first round will face each other in the second round and the winner will be declared the champion.
Racing kicks off Friday night with two rounds of qualifying for the Nitro Funny Cars and an old-fashioned Fox Hunt in which all lady spectators will be admitted for free. The big show Friday kicks off at 7 p.m.