The list of rules for the Nostalgia Stock/Super Stock class at the May 30th Mega Mopar Series event at Maple Grove Raceway have been announced. The event is open to any car built before 1972 with engines being period correct, no aftermarket blocks being allowed.
Regarding the body, following are guidelines:
- Alterations or customizing is prohibited. Aftermarket fiberglass or other lightweight body panels are limited to hood, hood scoop, front inner and outer fenders, doors, deck lid and bumpers. OEM grill and headlight assemblies must be maintained.
- Full inner fender splash shields are required and may be trimmed for header clearance. Aftermarket and fabricated shields are legal.
- Hood scoops are permitted but are limited to the original style of period and cannot exceed 5” above the hood surface.
- Wheel tubs are acceptable but wheels and tires must be positioned at the outer extremities of the tub.
- The windshield must be OEM style glass.
- Side windows may be OEM safety glass or Lexan and all windows EXCEPT driver’s do not need to be operative.
For electronics, two steps and trans brakes are permitted, but delay box, throttle stops, stutter box, optical sensors and ET prediction devices are prohibited.
Operational brakes will be required on all four wheels, with Line-loc being allowed on the front brakes. Traction control devices controlled by the braking system are prohibited.
No tube chassis cars will be permitted. Each car must retain factory firewall and floor plan, while front and rear suspension can be modified but need to retain the OEM configuration.
Prizes will be awarded in the following fashion:
- First place receives $800
- Second place receives $400
- Semi-finalists receive $100 each
- Quarter-finalists receive $25 each
Plus, a burnout competition will be held presented by CJ’s Tire and Automotive Centers, with the winner receiving a $250 gift certificate to CJ’s.
A $25 car and driver entry fee will be collected from all participants. For further or questions on the rules, please contact Jason Leber, Maple Grove Director of Racing Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org